Great Falls Boats ‘n’ Brews River Race
June 24 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Bring your canoes and kayaks to L+A on June 24 for the Boats ‘n Brews River Race!
- Early bird registration discount until May 25, 2017!
- Race registrants 21 and older can receive 15% off Great Falls Brewfest tickets!
Registration for the second annual Great Falls Boats ‘n’ Brews River Race is open! Please see the links below to register. This amateur competitive river race is being held in conjunction with the Great Falls Brewfest! Participants can spend the morning enjoying a competitive paddle down the Androscoggin River and if interested, they may spend the afternoon partaking in Brewfest-ivities! Thanks to the support of Baxter Brewing, all pre-registered racers, 21 and older, will receive a code for a 15% discounted ticket to the Great Falls Brewfest. Contact ALT once you register for the river race to get the information for your discounted ticket to Brewfest.
The Great Fall Boats ‘n Brews Race is approximately 7 miles, and includes a section of rapids typically rated class I or II (but could become class III depending on the water level on the day of the race). We recommend that racers stay toward the middle of the river as they go through the rapids and aim for the “downstream V” (dark water with whitewater edges that loosely forms a ‘V’ shape and indicates the deepest and most obstacle-free path through a rapid). Racers are able to experience unique sections of the Androscoggin River, paddling past the iconic Lewiston canals, beyond the confluence of the Little Androscoggin River and through Dressers Rips, with many other recreational enthusiasts.
Date: Saturday, June 24, 2017
Registration and check-in: 7:30-8:30 a.m.
Race start: 9:00 a.m.
Start location: Festival Plaza/Auburn Boat Launch, Main St., Auburn (volunteers will direct you where to unload and park)
Finish location: Durham Public Boat Launch, Rt. 136, Durham
Cost: $30 for a single canoe or kayak and $40 for a double canoe or kayak ($5 early bird discount before 5/25/2017)
Shuttle service: generously provided by NorthEast Charter and Tour Company (transport from the finish back to Auburn. You also have the option of parking a second car or having someone pick you up at the Durham Boat Launch)
- Prizes will be awarded after the race at Festival Plaza to the top 2 finishers in each category
- An additional prize will be awarded to the boat or paddler in each category with the best costume.
- Volunteers will stay to watch boats left at the finish line/Durham Boat Launch so you can attend the awards ceremony worry-free!
- Participants are encouraged to arrive in time to check-in and unload boats in advance of the 9:00 a.m. mass start time
- Entries received by end-of-business Friday June 9, 2017, will receive a t-shirt and a race packet on race day. Late and race-day registration includes only the free shuttle service. Limited quantities and sizes of t-shirts will be available for purchase to late registrants and spectators.
- The race will go on rain or shine
Please email us at email@example.com or call 782-2302 if you have any questions and we hope to see you out on the river on June 24!
Mail-in Registration Form(optional)
Thank you to our sponsors!