- This event has passed.
8th Annual Androscoggin River Clean Up
August 3 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
Come and help clean the shores of the Androscoggin River in preparation for the Great Falls Balloon Festival and the City of Auburn’s Summer Fest!
Volunteers will help pick up trash and remove debris from the shores and the body of the Androscoggin River. This annual event is always a fun and rewarding community experience. The clean-up is followed by a cool-down gathering at The Pub at Baxter Brewing Company where from 12:30-4:30PM, volunteers will enjoy a $5 appetizer menu and Baxter will donate $1 from every beer purchased to the forever-conservation and outdoor recreation work of Androscoggin Land Trust!
If you bring a boat: Volunteers will paddle up and down both sides of the river picking up trash and debris
If you don’t bring a boat: There’s plenty to pick up on foot!
- Who: Androscoggin Land Trust & community volunteers
- What: 8th Annual Androscoggin River Clean Up, an environmental community service event
- When: Saturday, August 3rd, 2019, 10AM-1PM, with a post-event cool-down and fundraiser at Baxter Brewing Co. 12:30-4:30PM
- Where: Anniversary Park/ Little Andy Park & Hand-Carry Boat Launch in New Auburn (located on Pulsifer St. near Rolly’s Restaurant) & The Pub at Baxter Brewing Co. 130 Mill St, Lewiston
- ALT provides: Water, snacks, trash bags, & gloves. We will also have a limited number of clean-up T-shirts available that will be first-come, first serve.
- Volunteers Should Bring: boots/shoes that can get wet, work gloves to protect their hands (though we will have some to borrow), a water bottle to reduce waste, sun screen, and if you wish to collect trash/debris via boat — bring a canoe, skiff, or durable raft to access by the hand-carry boat launch.
We’ll also once again be joined by CES to learn how to prevent stormwater runoff with an interactive display, and they will also be doing a free raffle for a rain barrel! The Androscoggin Soil & Water District will also be joining us for the first time this year to share about their free technical assistance for landowners and farmers, as well as their educational programming.
Thanks also to the Public Works Departments of the Cities of Auburn & Lewiston for helping to make this event possible by providing trash hauling!
Thanks to our event sponsors!