- This event has passed.
LA Region Farmland Access & Food Economy Conference
March 7, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 12:30 pm
LA Region Farmland Access &
Food Economy Conference
Thursday, March 7, 2019
8:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Auburn Senior Community Center
48 Pettengill Park, Auburn
For farm seekers, retiring farmers, land owners, service providers, city/town officials, staff, & economic development professionals in the Lewiston-Auburn (LA) Region.
– Are you a farmer looking for land in Maine?
– Are you a retiring farmer in the LA Region wondering what will happen when you’re ready to stop farming?
– Are you a landowner in the LA Region thinking about making your property available for farming?
– Are you a service provider who helps with issues related to farmland access?
– Are you a city/town official, staff person, or economic development professional in the LA Region interested in connecting with farmers and others about ways to grow the food and farm economy?
Join ALT and other local, state, and regional planning partners for an inspiring half-day of storytelling, relationship-building, and presentations to better understand opportunities for accessing, transferring, and saving farmland, and for growing the local food and farm business sector in the Lewiston-Auburn Region.