- This event has passed.
3rd Annual Androscoggin Land Trust Canoe & Kayak River Race
June 23 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
You can find 2018 race results at this link. Thank you for all you came out to paddle on race day!
- Date: Saturday, June 23, 2018
- Registration and check-in: 7:30-8:30 a.m.
- Race start: 9:00 a.m.
- Start location for all three courses: Festival Plaza/Auburn Boat Launch, Main St., Auburn (volunteers will direct you where to unload and park)
- Finish locations:
- Course 1. Durham Boat Launch, Rt 136, Durham.
- Course 2. Festival Plaza/Auburn Boat Launch
- Course 3. Lincoln Street Boat Launch, 509 Lincoln Street, Lewiston.
- Event Registration Cost:
- $30 for a single canoe or kayak and
- $40 for a double canoe or kayak
- FREE Shuttle Service: generously provided by NorthEast Charter and Tour Company (transport from Lewiston or Durham back to Auburn. You also have the option of parking a second car or having someone pick you up at your selected finish location).
- Also NEW this year: Tasty food for purchase by Tripps Farmhouse Cafe & Live music by Chris Robley at Awards Ceremony!
- Participants are encouraged to arrive in time to check-in and unload boats in advance of the 9:00 a.m. mass start time.
- Rapids Safety Information: Please be sure to reference the Rules and Safety document at the top of this page. The Long Distance Paddle is approximately 7 miles, and includes a section of rapids typically rated class I or II (but could become class III depending on the water level on the day of the race). We recommend that long distance racers (7 miles course) wear a helmet (whitewater or bicycle helmet) and that racers stay toward the middle of the river as they go through the rapids and aim for the “downstream V” (dark water with whitewater edges that loosely forms a ‘V’ shape and indicates the deepest and most obstacle-free path through a rapid). Racers are able to experience unique sections of the Androscoggin River, paddling past the iconic Lewiston canals, beyond the confluence of the Little Androscoggin River and through Dressers Rips, with many other recreational enthusiasts.
- Awards Ceremony: Prizes will be awarded after the race at Festival Plaza to the top finishers in each category. An additional prize will be awarded to the boat or paddler with the best costume. Volunteers will stay to watch boats left at all three finish locations so you can attend the awards ceremony worry-free!
- Limited quantities and sizes of t-shirts will be available for purchase to late registrants and spectators.
- The race will go on rain or shine.
Check out this video of the section of rapids on the 7-mile course:
Race registrants 21 and older can receive 15% off Great Falls Brewfest tickets!
This amateur competitive river race is being held in conjunction with the Great Falls Brewfest! Participants can spend the morning enjoying a competitive paddle down the Androscoggin River and if interested, they may spend the afternoon partaking in Brewfest-ivities! Thanks to the support of Baxter Brewing, all pre-registered racers, 21 and older, will receive a code for a 15% discounted ticket to the Great Falls Brewfest.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 782-2302 if you have any questions and we hope to see you out on the river on June 23!